Monday, July 21, 2008

Sighting

I spotted him! The apparently rare hot guy on campus! I've been casually searching for him for weeks. Summer semesters aren't very popular, so the odds of hot-guy-sightings are very low. This young man was tall, had slightly longer dark hair under a ball cap, long lovely legs... and such a mischievous expression. His body was lean... he was HOT! I would seriously have taken his picture if I had a camera handy. I've damn sure paid enough in tuition to get a free photo of some eye candy! If only I were anywhere near twenty-something...

I was waiting outside for my conference with our professor. I had arrived early. A cute, but blond, guy from class saw me waiting and let me know that the professor was running early for appointments and to just go ahead and go in. He reassured me that all would be well, and then asked my name. He introduced himself as "Steve" and shook my hand. Such a polite and nice young man. I went inside and ran into Chris. He's in his last semester and also in the service. Again a nice fellow. I hadn't talked with him much in class. His youth was evident in his conversation... When young boys talk to me, I almost feel naughty. The majority of them have no clue that I could almost be their mother. Well, actually, if I were to have had a child in my VERY early teens... I could be their mother!

I have made a decision. (Let's see how long this one lasts!) I'm going to try and do things in a new way. For instance, instead of going to the same grocery store I always do, I went to the one near the university. I certainly can't expect my man circumstances to change if my personal ones do not. And, my life has become quite boring, honestly. I'm still unemployed, so I don't have a lot of money for these pursuits, but any little twist of fate can lead to new and exciting things. I'm ready for new. I'm ready for exciting. And am I EVER ready for a job. Endless writings and tweakings of cover letters and resumes have me never wanting to job hunt again... hell, I might not spend another penny so that if I ever do become unlucky enough to be unemployed again; I can just stay that way.

1 comment:

Anon said...

I usually comment on new posts, but had to put one here...

Some people win big because they happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Others win big because they consistently put themselves in the right place at the right time!

And, for that matter, they rarely "happen" to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time either.

Kudos for keeping out a sharp eye for the sharp guy!!! Keep looking!

Jeaulously rooting for your success if you find one. I hope you sin big...oops! I mean WIN big!

;-)

~Scott