Friday, July 11, 2008

Mack Attack!!!

Amen. Hallelujah!!!! I have gone on a date, world!!!! It was beautiful. Amazing. Nice. Overdue. I am so glad I gave him another chance after "dissing" me. Mack showed! I had spent the day with my mother at an auction, all on the premise that he would not present himself for our scheduled date. Voila! Man has entered the building. Mack and I went to a Blues Fest nearby. The great coup of the encounter was that I had let go of the pretenses of the first date syndrome (since he "stood me up" last time). I was relaxed. In a state of acceptance. I was in complete "take me for what I am" mode.

Mack is tall. Not just physically, but mentally.

We enjoyed intellectual conversation for hours, and then succumbed to a juvenile game of "Truth or Dare." It was a beautiful mix of respect and curiosity... boundaries and passion. He "dared" me to kiss him... and did I! I wanted to. It was very hot. (My air conditioner is still not working ;) ) Nothing scandalous occurred... as we were both operating on the notion that you cannot develop anything meaningful from a "one-night-stand." But, call me crazy (I do it all the time)... I think we connected in a non-connected-but-so-want-to-be-connected-way. He's leaving for Florida: Monday.

I suppose the most criminal element of the whole thing is that I will not be having sex before I turn yet another year older. My birthday is Tuesday... I hate birthdays. They always suck.

Oh, what shall come of this...

No comments: