Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Frolic: FOILED!

The dishes are done. The sheets are fresh. The toilet's clean. I shaved my legs. "Trimmed the hedges." My outfit: selected. My hair looks... great!

And Mack's not coming.

He sent me a text. "Can't make it tonite. I wish you lived closer." That's it. I got the text while I was in class and stepped out to call him. He didn't answer. I expected that. I'm a firm believer that text messaging is the "easy way out." As far as the "wished you lived closer" part... I feel that was a way to distract from the fact that he was ditching me on his own accord.

I'm so disappointed! I was looking forward to seeing him, and definitely anticipating some fabulous frolicking! I think I may have to start double-booking dates so that when one cancels, I still have something to look forward to! That's awful! Damn't!

I did get an eyeful of several shirtless joggers on my way home from class as a consolation prize! They were everywhere! I would like to personally thank them for providing me with at least SOME sort of male-inspired satisfaction!

I attend a university about 20 miles from my hometown. Although logistically they aren't far apart, socioeconomically, there are worlds between them! As I neared my hometown, the sexy, shirtless joggers disappeared, and the up-to-no-good, wanna-be "gangstas" and hopeless hookers emerged. It's like a picture book for depression!

So, I'm home, alone. Dateless. I cooked myself spaghetti for dinner, and have retreated to the couch. Since I've pretty much written off the two boys... I'll have to prepare to resume the hunt and locate some new "prey." It's sooooooooooo exhausting! A proverbial jungle out there!

No comments: