Sunday, July 20, 2008

Are Men Really Ape-Shit?


I've taken a few days off from playing with boys... but I have made a few random observations. I caught the end of a show about sex. I always miss the good parts! But, they were interviewing a man who claims that men are incapable of monogamous relationships and that women should absolutely not expect this of them. Scientists were backing up his statement with evidence that monogamy is not natural at all. This man makes money by providing his "wisdom" to confused and scorned women via the Internet. Now, I will say that part of me believes this. I believe it in the sense that I feel people don't spend enough time and effort into examining the true potential of their mate. I think people are afraid of being alone and, therefore, overlook obvious hurdles to eternal bliss. I also think it isn't very realistic to be continuously evolving individuals, evolving in the same direction. The idea of it is very beautiful... but is, and should be, very unattainable. I also acknowledge that there are some men (and women) who either have an addiction to sex, or are very "free-spirited." As long as a man is honest about what he wants and where things are, or aren't, going, what's the harm? But really, are men truly just one body wax away from primate-like promiscuity?

Also, an email pal of mine on the dating site said he was going to a "meet and greet." Turns out he was meeting a blond woman for drinks. I said, "Isn't that a date?" Apparently, it isn't. Now this meet and greet thing... is this yet something else I need to learn!!! I knew I had taken myself off the shelf for awhile... but has the world of dating really changed this much?

As for an update on the "battle of the sexes," Mack should be returning from Florida any day now, and Nick sent me an email. I have no HOT, or even lukewarm, dates on the agenda as of yet...

No comments: