Saturday, July 5, 2008

No Power, No Man

POWERLESS!! I was rendered powerless on Wednesday afternoon by a large storm system and just got power restored today at 4:30 p.m. My holiday weekend and man-time dreams were destroyed like the many tall trees in town. Mack was a no-show on Thursday. This really got me pissed! I had tried to reach a girlfriend to shower at her house and had no luck. So to avoid cancelling the FIRST DATE with Mack... I got two mixing bowls out of the cupboard and filled them with warm water to bathe with. I managed to salvage my hair from the day before. I was nervous and looking forward to meeting him. After no response to phone calls or texts, and the clock tick-ticking away... I decided to accept the fact that I had been ditched. Turns out Mack had emailed me on the dating site to let me know that he wouldn't be able to make it, but he knew I didn't have power, so I view that as "the easy way out." What the hell is wrong with boys these days??

No comments: