Thursday, December 18, 2008

What Isn't New

I'd say I was about to tell you what's new, but nothing is new. In fact, things are oddly the same.

I've been coasting since Saturday. I allowed myself Sunday to rest, but I can't really explain the last few days! I did spend time with my mother shopping, and have also written my usual over-abundance of Christmas cards.

Boys? Shmoys! Boys have been far, far, far from my mind. The Irishman has semi-disappeared, C.F. has not corresponded with me in a few weeks. I never got my coffee mug back from R!!!!! (That's the last time I kindly give coffee away in one of my coveted mugs!) It would be romantic to have someone share the snow-covered, warm glow of the holidays with... but only if that someone were someone I was truly interested in. I just don't think I'm open to it.

The day-to-day uncertainty of my finances and future employment seem to envelop my thoughts. I try not to obsess or stress about it, but I can never truly forget it! Until I have some sort of consistency, I don't think dating will be on the agenda.

Despite a very high percentage of people in my state being unemployed as well, not working has taken a hit on my pride! Does this make me less dateable? Less attractive as a partner? I don't know how I feel about it myself!

No comments: