Saturday, December 20, 2008

High School (Without the Musical)


My boyfriend from sophomore year in high school and I got back in touch in the last year. We hadn't even seen each other in 16 years! The other day, while Christmas shopping with my Mother, I ran into him at Target.


He looks exactly the same.


Last night he had invited me over for dinner. Having spent the day in sweats to keep warm, I was hardly feeling up to the task of transforming back into an attractive woman. But... it was surely time to get out of the house and experience a little life; so I went.


We had just gotten pelted with a big snow storm. Our state budget is so strapped that roads are not being plowed. This made for some seriously adventurous driving! I loved it!


He cooked shrimp alfredo. He likes to cook. Plus. We ate dinner and then watched the movie "Disturbia." Afterwards, we watched a few programs on Animal Planet... and then he kissed me. We hadn't kissed in 20 years! It's so bizarre to be able to say I haven't done anything in 20 years. I'm that old! Yikes!


Both of us took completely different paths after high school. He has worked the same job for 18 years, was married for 10 years, and had two kids. I was in and out of college and wayward relationships, never married and never had kids. I thought him to be a bore in theory, but after we spoke, I discovered him to be rather interesting. Not as closed-minded as I thought. Is there chemistry? I'm not sure, and I'm not overly concerned about it. As I stated in a previous post, I'm not really motivated to date right now. I'm in a state of nothingness. Not a bad one. Not a sad one. Just kind of blank. Casually awaiting my next direction in life.

No comments: