Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Telephone Interview


I just finished my telephone interview with the community college... and I honestly have no clue how it went! I had a terrible time sleeping last night and was repeatedly awakened by noise, cats, and good ol' fashioned anxiety!

The people on the phone were nice. It was a conference call on speaker phone. How intimidating to have a group of people you have never met listening to you fumble your words! I HATE speaker phone! Always have!

Looking back, I probably should have taken a little more time to collect my thoughts after the questions. The woman I was on the phone with was talking quite rapidly! I had a pen and paper to make notations on, but I couldn't keep up!

The position is part-time and offers a standard work week of about 20 hours, with extended hours during the peak of enrollment. Of course, I forgot to ask what the wage was! As if money means nothing to me these days! WHAT?

I usually interview very well, here's hoping that I didn't bomb this one! Surely, I would prefer a full-time position, however, in light of the economy and the length of time I've been out of work... I'll take what I can get! Gotta start somewhere!

I wonder how long it takes crossed fingers to go numb!

No comments: