Saturday, February 20, 2010

Out There

Out there. I'm getting out there!

This morning the sun actually visited my windowsills, and I felt ready to get out there and seize the day! Or clean every nook and cranny of my house, reorganizing everything in sight! For some, that's an easy choice, but for me, that is one serious dilemma. You see, I've spent so much time in my house as a result of the stint of unemployment, mom's cancer, and just plain freezing cold weather, that sometimes leaving seems like too much of a hassle.

But, today, I chose to get out and drove off into the country to give one of my freelance design clients a consultation. She bought a glorious old farmhouse and has gutted it. Now, she is seeking my trusted advice on how to begin finishing walls, trim, and the other magical details that make a home a home. The drive itself was satisfying...

Once I returned to the city, I stopped by Walgreen's to pick up supplies for my impulse decision to wax my upper lip. "Blessed" with a thin blond mustache, I thought I would cave in to social pressure and wax that sucker off. No one has ever really pointed it out, and I'm not sure anyone will even notice that it's gone, but I'll be honest in saying that I rid myself of it just in case it is the one silly thing between me and Mr. Right. Stupid? Perhaps... but let me tell you the pain served well as punishment if it was indeed ignorant. OUCH!

So... feeling an itch to get out and dreaming about sushi, I have committed to a last minute date with a man that has been messaging me for weeks. He seems to have a good personality, but the physical attraction level will remain to be seen. He might have an odd love for studly sunglasses and weird unbuttoned, button down shirts that I don't necessarily share a fondness for... but... I'm willing to give it a try.

I'm meeting him in a town that is a half an hour away at a new sushi restaurant I haven't been to yet. Oh am I ever craving some sushi and wasabi! I've worn jeans on every date thus far, so I think I'll mix it up with a skirt tonight. But, I'm skipping the overdone hair that I feel may have turned off my "good guy" from last week and probably opting for my ponytail. For those of you who have seen the movie "The Ugly Truth," there is a part where Girard Butler tells her that a woman should never wear a ponytail unless she's cleaning a toilet or changing the cat litter... that men don't like it. Well, I really think my Audrey Hepburnish ponytail is cute and sexy... and it's me. So screw him!

We'll see how that works for me....

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

"The Ugly Truth" was a cute movie. The only 2 serious relationships I've had both said they liked the natural me, but never hurts to turn it up a notch every now and then. Can't wait to catch up on your dating year!