Saturday, February 27, 2010

Me, Myself, and Why

It's Saturday night again! Theoretically, I should be on a date, however, I opted to stay home tonight. Why? Because I'm the kind of girl that enjoys peaceful evenings at home... yet another contributing factor to my never-ending singlehood.

Today was just a great day! Simple and great. I slept in. Cooked myself some eggs over easy, toast, and made some fresh ground coffee. The fresh ground coffee indulgence resulted from my train trip and the great date that went nowhere. So again, all was not lost by taking the risk and later receiving a "Dear Jane" email. The "good" guy works for a well known bakery that has it's own coffee line so I picked up a couple bags of beans, and later, a coffee bean grinder, and I've been in coffee heaven ever since!

Later, I went to care for Chester. I was happy to find him awake and watching his beloved basketball intently. He spoke for the first time in months! I got him some A&W Root Beer and some Junior Mints, both of which he helped himself to. I try to encourage him to use his mind since he is unable to move about on his own, so these small feats are very encouraging.

When I arrived home, I made a meat loaf with red peppers, black beans, red onions, and corn. Absolutely delicious it was! Not only did I enjoy eating it, I enjoyed the confidence that some day, I will cook the same thing for someone special, and they will enjoy it too.

Tonight, I committed to meeting an online suitor for dinner in the town I was born in. It's half way for both of us. We haven't chatted an awful lot, so perhaps, this experience will be more exciting because we'll be getting to know each other in person instead of over the wireless waves. I also booked a lunch date with another fellow on Tuesday. We have spoken several times... Sunday's guy is single with no children. Tuesday's guy is divorced with three. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: