Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great Date- 1 Love Connection- none

Well... just as I suspected, my good guy date wasn't feeling the chemistry. Being the good guy he is, he sent me a nice email confessing so. I hadn't felt any butterflies or tingles either, but, I was willing to go out with him a few times and see if he wasn't just one of those people that become irresistible once you truly know them. My theory was that since what I have been doing for years hasn't worked yet... that I ought try new approaches.

When I had first looked at his photo, I almost clicked right past him, but I took the time to read what he wrote and decided I would give it a go... He had mentioned that he pondered whether or not to contact me for a week... so I believe he was experimenting with being open to those who aren't his "type" as well.

I did enjoy the entire experience so it was worth the risk. He mentioned a future friendship, which would be lovely. Regardless, I have no regrets.

Unfortunately, I haven't come across too many new potential suitors, so as of today, I have no dates on the week's agenda. But this experience has taught me to change my approach and skip all of the time consuming electronic banter. Instead, I'll find out the important stuff, set up a meeting, and move on if the sparks aren't there. Funny how a gal who is so passionate about efficiency got so tangled up in wasting time!

No comments: