Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bad Boys - 0 Good Guys- 1

Congratulations, all you good guys out there! One of your representatives showed me a fabulous time this weekend, without showing me his, well, you know.

He was on time to pick me up from the station, opened doors, treated me to a delicious meal in a swanky restaurant, engaged well in conversation, never checked/used his phone, made zero attempts to violate my person, and was a very gracious host.

My only complaint is that having not encountered a gentleman in such a long time, I am a little unsure as to whether he was "in to me" or not. An older male friend of mine reprimanded me for thinking a man would NOT be in to me. Flattering... but I'm very aware that I'm not every man's cup of tea. He has told me that he's more of an introvert, so shyness is also a possibility. Regardless of whether he was interested in me or attracted to me, I had a great time, and I hope that he enjoyed himself as well.

The train ride was an absolute joy. Taking in the passing scenery through the rail car window was very soothing, as was the elimination of worry regarding traffic or directions. His home and neighborhood have a distinct historical charm. Downtown was aglow with tiny white lights in the branches lining the streets. Breakfast this morning was equally delicious and beautiful. The train ride home seemed to simply go too fast...

When I returned home, I was sure to write him a thank you with a subtle hint that I'm interested. I listed the "highlights" of my trip, which he had asked me about in person at the station this afternoon. Of course, I retreated into shy mode and generalized my gratitude. This thank you email included a more specific list of the highlights, including commenting him on his eyes. Not too mushy or gushy. Just a hint of flirtation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a nice weekend!