Monday, January 11, 2010

To Mention or To Ask? (There really is no question)

Oh, isn't the online dating world an interesting and peculiar little place! I received an email this morning from a guy who I've exchanged several emails and a couple of phone calls with over the last 5 weeks or so that said:

"Hope you had a nice weekend. We could have met?"

Really? What's that? "Could have"s are endless, hypothetical, and pointless. I could have won the lottery. The sky could have suddenly turned bright orange with dancing clouds made of glitter. He could have asked me out.

After politely bringing up that very point, he said there were "too many games" and that he was "very tired of mentioning" that we meet.Italic I'm thinking that's a little passive aggressive? I mean, mentioning it'd be nice to meet someone yields little to no results, while asking someone if they would like to go out on Saturday night typically produces a "yes" or a "no."

And all of this came after a seemingly normal conversation on Thursday that contained no mention of meeting each other at all. He did call me Saturday... at one in the morning. Yes, I have reached the age bracket and level of responsibilities at which I think telephoning people at one in the morning is inappropriate. I was sleeping... and he left no message.

"Yes I called. Nice of you to call me back." He wrote. Huh. You left no message mister, and you called me at one in the morning. Sorry I forgot to write a thank you card.

I probably shouldn't mention that he "misinterpreted" our email exchange a couple weeks ago and sent me pictures of his "unmentionable;" and hopefully no one will feel the need to ask why I won't be meeting this one... ever.

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, what a WINNER. And then they (these types of guys) wonder why they're still single...