Monday, January 25, 2010

Quarter Pounder with Cheesy Date

Monday. Weigh-in. Gained one quarter pound. I wonder if it was the wool socks I had on...

As much as I'd like to be the big weight loss champion of the office, truth is, my body is simply reorganizing. Knowing that muscle weighs more than fat is a mighty comforting tidbit of information at this point in my journey. My pants are fitting better and seeing myself naked doesn't instantly make me regret eating Christmas dinner anymore... but the damn scale is just not budging! If the office had bought into my plan to measure success by monitoring inches, I'd be fairing much better in this competition. Now I'm left to wonder if I stand a chance to meet my 12 pound goal.

Not allowing myself to feel defeated, I have accepted not one, but two dinner dates this week. I'd be a little distraught about the idea of sharing a meal with two different men in the same week, but tomorrow's date is with someone I have known for years. In fact, I know his entire family. We haven't spoken, nor seen each other in years now, but after receiving his family holiday newsletter from his mother, I thought I'd give a call to check in. His sister had had a major health crisis and I wanted to know how she was doing. A week later, he called to invite me out for dinner. I have no clue what his intentions are, but mine are simply to enjoy a few cheesy laughs.

Mr. Thursday, a.k.a. the Whizzer, and I will be meeting in a town that is half-way between his and mine. He's the one I'm slightly nervous about since we have not met in person and I'm in between jean sizes. Certainly I'll be spending Wednesday night frantically flinging clothes all about my bedroom in an attempt to find something that flatters my current state. Of course it would be more convenient to go out and buy a pair of jeans... but I already did that for my December 30th date. Not only did the date not go anywhere, now I'm stuck with a pair of jeans I've only worn twice that are too frickin' big now. I swear simply being female should qualify you for a special tax break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on the tax break. Hope your dates go well.