Friday, January 15, 2010

Family Friday

Gotta love non-committal people! I dated one on and off for about 10 years... and even though I finally cut him out of my life before the end of last year, I still can't escape these can't make and/or stick to plans kinda folks.

My goal for the weekend, my main objective, was to rid my house of any evidence of Christmas and finish getting my house and personal affairs in order, to free up more time to join the social world out there. However, my aunt who is never in town for long, and cousin, were supposed to come over tonight around 6:00 p.m. Even though their selfish nature truly gets under my skin, I still love them, so I decided I'd make room for a family night tonight.

Well... it's now 10 after 7:00, and they are nowhere in sight. I'm starving. My brother is starving. My mother is starving. I could have conquered at least one mountain on what used to be my desk in the office. I could have taken a nap. I could have worked out. I'd say I could have gone on a date... but I already made a conscious decision to put any encounters with strangers off a week while I work through my spontaneous fits of laughter from dealing with the ones who have attempted to court me as of yet.

Now the plan is for my mother, brother and I to enjoy a devilishly delicious pizza from the family-owned parlor nearby. And there goes my diet.

Do you think Judge Judy would hear my case if I sued my commitment-challenged relatives for making me fail to succeed in next week's office weigh in?

No comments: