Monday, February 23, 2009

On the Table...

That's where my breakfast was today, instead of my lap! I also forced myself to work out, despite getting a minute amount of sleep. I'm not sure that it's normal to yawn throughout your entire aerobic workout, but I did, and I've never been sure that I am "normal."

I'm off to work. This morning will be my first day reporting to duty with a completed project for the director. It wasn't very complicated, but being able to produce something tangible gets me one small step closer to proving I'm an asset to the organization, and negotiating my worth. So far, this job seems like the right fit for me... I just need to convince them to keep me on board between now and April. I haven't worked a part-time job in years, and never have worked a temporary position, but easing back into the "Land of the Working People" seems a much smoother transition from "Nothingville."

It will be a short day. Three hours to perform, and then I'm off to craft dirt in the ceramic studio. I've got three finished pieces that will be waiting for me to judge their beauty, or lack of! My grandmother already placed an "order" for one of my plates, offering to pay for my time and materials... but I'm thinking she deserves a freebee.

Off to the hairdryer with me...

No comments: