Friday, June 27, 2008

Ice Cream and Pipedreams


The "Younger Man" and I have not been "talking." And, I can definitely say, that I would have regretted moving forward with him. I can't fool myself. I can't deny that I want that true connection. It doesn't have to be never-ending love. It just needs to be one of those meeting of the minds... intellectual stimulation... witty banter that somehow manages to turn you on. Connecting on the same universal plane in a way that allows you to communicate your urges without saying a word. Being able to have a conversation before, during, and after, that requires no effort and is not riddled with awkward pleasantries; that's what I'm after.

So onto the roster comes "Mack." Mack caught my eye on my list of admirers from the online dating site. He was one of over 200, most of which don't even say hello. I had read his profile and discovered that he was of the same creative species as I, and decided to invite him to introduce himself. Mack is a musician. Not just a musician, but a musician that appears to have talent. His music is great. His thoughts are intriguing. Throughout the course of the day, we exchanged rather entertaining utterances. One of my favorite excerpts being, "As for the premarital sex, that's the only kind I've ever had, so it shouldn't be a problem." Mack mentioned getting together for my birthday... I've got to tell you that I have only met two guys from the Internet... and neither of them were worth the dating site fee. (It's a free one.) I've been on it since the end of last year, and don't take it very seriously. Some people hate to be alone and their desperation to fill a void is blatent. Most want to meet right away, or begin their emails with "Hey baby, you're hot." So, if you find someone that you actually "click" with through an email you feel like you've hit the lottery!

As far as "Boyfriend Boot Camp," I've basically taken the day off... aside from maybe enjoying some "Very Chocolate Cherry" ice cream a little too intensely. Don't you fear readers, I sense something juicier than a frozen cherry on the horizon.

No comments: