Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dollar Bills and Sleeping Pills


Someone please put me out of my misery! I beg of you...

Mona's mad mad mind has been reeling all night. Spinning. Twirling. Buzzing. If I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to have bags the size of suitcases under my eyes. Whose gonna want the old bag with bags!! Shit, the airlines would charge me $50 extra for each eye... Truth is I'm riddled with anxiety. I haven't been able to say that outloud yet (and in reality, I still haven't). I, Mona Lake, lost my job with a small company at the end of April and have been job-searching ever since. I just emptied my savings account to pay my ridiculous tuition for my LAST class until I finally... finally, finish my Bachelor's Degree. I am facing the fear of being broke, the fear of graduating (dumb, yes... but I do dumb things), finding a new job and starting over, the fear of growing old alone, and currently: the fear of never sleeping again. I have only the seat of my pants, and my secret hundred dollar bill to cling to...

No comments: