Friday, March 5, 2010

Woes. And me.

Tomorrow is my big second date, and, as usual, I'm freaking out about what I'm going to wear. It's not for a lack of clothes, it's for a lack of jeans that fit. We are going to dinner and then bowling which means I should be wearing jeans. It's my own fault. He offered other options that wouldn't require me to sift through a sea of denim only to find that I have two choices: a dressy full leg pair that only looks nice with heels, or, my "fat" jeans from two years ago. Damn't!

Adding insult to injury, I plugged my info into an ideal weight calculator and the results were brutal. I'm 15.4 pounds overweight. I realize I'm heavier than I was, but it's really hard to wrap your head around when you are small and overweight. I'm cursed with a small frame that makes people not understand that I am actually overweight. If I could just fit into a pair of jeans and feel good about it, I wouldn't care, but that's clearly not the case.

I've decided it's time to risk serious injury and haul the treadmill from the upstairs of my mother's house over into mine. Since my brother is around, I'll have some help and I simply have to act fast! The March 29 weight loss deadline is swiftly approaching... and dating would be a lot easier with the added confidence a more fit body would give me.

Tomorrow morning I'm having breakfast with my old boss and long-time friend, tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner, and I'm going out to dinner Sunday too. I hope the treadmill can survive the necessary abuse!

No comments: