Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fighting

So much fighting these days! Mom's already fighting breast cancer and now the latest discovery: she has uterine cancer to fight as well. During our all day stay at the "prestigious" hospital, I fought with the nurse...

I've been fighting the urge to break under the pressure. I've been fighting fatigue. Fighting my house that doesn't want to stay organized while I fight all these fights. Fighting with my boss. Fighting with my missing socks. Fighting to find time for myself. Fighting my gut instinct that my wanted-to-be-exclusive guy is a schmuck because maybe it's really me... That resulted in a fight through texting.

I thought I was a lover not a fighter. Wait. I AM a lover not a fighter. What the hell has happened here?

1 comment:

Glen Hartjes said...

No need to feel bad about fighting with a nurse, I did the same thing when my mother was dieing of lung cancer. That nurse was suspended for a week! Our mothers fought to protect us all our lives, the least we can do is return the favor in their moment of need. Spend time with her and tell her you love her.
Dealing with these things can be very stressful, breath slowly, and move ahead with confidence.