Thursday, August 6, 2009

What You Bargained For...

I used to date this guy who said, amongst many other things, that he'd help me paint my house.

Well he's not around anymore (Mr. "Nice" Guy), and I've been doing the majority of the scraping, sanding, taping, priming; and painting by myself. My back is killing me, and no matter how many hours I work, no matter how many nights I paint in the dark under dim light from the street... it's just never done! My liver is about to fail from overdosing on ibuprofen so I can sleep at night. My once pink toenail polish is now dotted with three different colors of paint. There is paint in my hair and paint on my skin. I have more ladders outside then you would find in a hardware store. There is a sliver in my palm. I feared for my life as I was about 25 feet off the ground on a shaky extension ladder... praying someone would call 9-1-1 if I plummeted to my death. Hoping they would also clean the blood splatters off before my paint job was ruined!

Now I don't feel so bad for letting him get in my pants. His offer to help was a pretty powerful negotiating tool. This is some seriously hard work! However, since he didn't come through on his end of the "bargain," I think I'm going to sue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just pondering the question. If Mona were sculpted what result could we expect? I would not expect a "Raku" result which you described as "no frills". Mona no frills I think not. I envision Degas "The Tub" (the sculpture) and Rodin "The Kiss". Somehow the French always seem to incorporate a kiss. So Mona how do you feel you should be sculpted at this point in your journey?

Mona Lake said...

How shall I be sculpted? When I first read your response, I was agreed with your assessment... But then I took an adventure that reminded me of the woman I have neglected. Though I have yet to find a sculpture that conveys such sultriness. Perhaps the "Daily Sculpture of Mona" would be in order.

Virgtastic said...

Instead of good-bye sex, it should have been good-bye make good on your promises and paint! And then possibly good-bye sex, depending on how he looked painting, and if the paint job was any good - hehe!