Sunday, June 21, 2009

And I Try... And I Try... And I Try!

So... I tried. I tried to be open with a boy; and I was! Unfortunately, he happened to be a very emotionally immature 41 year old, and (if I'm being honest) I'm left wondering why I even try dating anymore! It seems like everyone is travelling on some bizarre alternate plane and they never connect on the same one. If you decide you'll just have a fling they want to get married before they know your last name. If you try to take it slow, they hit the gas... and if you just go with it... you crash into a brick wall!!!

Thankfully, some girls filled me in on Mr. Not-so-nice guy's M.O. so I don't have to punish myself for failing as a human to understand a man. But I am wondering if finding a compatible mate is really this difficult. Fuck, I've been dating for over 20 years! And even though these bastards we call boys and men seem to run me through the ringer... I'm still ready to play with them! Am I a masochist? I mean really!

So the alternate plan... well... it isn't a plan per say... but I think I'm just going to approach future dating like a man. I'm going to do whatever whenever... WHOever I want!!! I don't know if that's progressing or digressing... but it sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

I can't get no! duh duh duh.. satis-faction!

I did the same, and enjoyed it while it lasted. Just don't let your feelings caught up. I'm trying to catch up on Blogspot, so forgive me for being a year behind on yours :(