Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You Know You're "In" When...

You know you're "in" with your boyfriend when...

He tells you he thinks his (heterosexual and married) sister has a crush on you.

HIS mother lectures him, beginning with "What are your intentions with her?" And ends with "you just need to buy a house and stay with her."

He sends you messages like "You rock my world when you smile baby," and "just keep being you honey, that is the best." Let's not forget the "<3 U."

And you know you're really "in" with a caring, and understanding man, when you can text him "But I don't wanna be sick! I want to be with you! And I'm not puking lately. It's better than the stomach-acid-burned throat, but shitting buckets of water is just gross!"

That's right. Our first bodily function themed conversation. I'm SICK! And tonight was date night, however, something tells me that isn't going to happen... that it shouldn't happen. Here I sit, in bed, in my ugly brown sweats, hair sticking this way and that, and a pasty glow about my face. My lips are crusting from the resulting dehydration, and I posted a "Keep Out" sign on my bathroom door to prevent my brother from occupying the bathroom during pending spells of urgency. Nothing depletes any sense of femininity or sexiness you may have had faster than vomiting and diarrhea. And I can think of little else less romantic!

I'm disappointed! I'm pretty sure no one enjoys being ill, but what didn't this happen yesterday? I had to miss work today... and now I'm gonna miss date night! Pfffft!

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

Well that's just shitty! (haha - get it... shitty... oh well. there goes my career as a comedian.)