Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laws of Physics

Who knew that complicated physics class I took several years ago would haunt me, perhaps as long as my student loan balance!?!?

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." Remember that one?

As I've worked tirelessly beautifying the exterior of my home, it appears the interior has gone to hell! There is a step-ladder with a small chunk of earth stuck to one leg leaned up against my dining room table, a fistful of hot mustard and soy packets strewn about my coffee table, my laundry room has laundry in it all right... in baskets, in piles, and probably the dryer; and I think there may be a blue bra on my bathroom vanity.

Remedying this situation won't be as exhausting as it seems and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to get to it right now. My sun-kissed-and-mildly-burned skin is dotted with paint and primer and my back is killing me but I only have one day left! I hate starting the work week with a messy house! But, if I use up what little energy I have left... will I have any hope of surviving another Labor Day Weekend labor-a-thon outside? Ah the conundrum.

My fabulous brother finished scraping and wire-brushing the side of the house, and I got 3/4 of the back scraped and primed. By the end of the day tomorrow, I may very well have all of the major painting done! All that will remain will be the tedious detail work of window trim, shutters, doors and stairs.

I missed the sales on my door and shutters! Days of paint-fume inhalation led me to mistakenly believe today was Saturday. Instead of hitting Lowe's and Menard's, I had to settle for a brief trip to ACO simply for more painter's tape. There are more doors on sale now, and surely there will be more sales on shutters. I think I'm gonna be okay. (I'll go shopping tomorrow.)

That's it for boring babble tonight...

1 comment:

Anon said...

A busy life leads to an equally messy house.

Finally couldn't take it and straightened 'er up front to back and viola! I can relax again!

Thank God that a little exertion leads to an equal and opposite amount of rest!