Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breaking the Silence

My sweet Chester's son and his wife are up visiting from Florida, so they asked if I would come by this evening at 5 to sit with Chester while they went to dinner. I was rather pleased to see him sitting up, his blue eyes brighter than days past.

I turned on the Tigers game and got him a bowl of his beloved M & M's...

"Are you warm enough Chet?"

"Yes."

What?! Chester hasn't uttered a word in over two months, despite my continued efforts. We watched a terrible first inning as I tossed M & M's into Chester's mouth. One thing Chester hasn't lost is his love of candy!

"How many M & M's can you eat, Chester?"

"How many do you have?" He asked.

This guy is not only talking... he's cracking jokes!!

Yes!

2 comments:

Anon said...

Beautiful!

Chester speaks...and leaves us speachless with joy!

Virgtastic said...

Very cool!