Monday, September 28, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust!

What an interesting weekend!

Thursday night I found myself juggling phone calls; an odd experience for my "boring" soul. I was catching up with friends when I received a call on the other line from an old co-worker and friend I hadn't seen in four years or more. I wasn't able to answer right away, and at first I thought she was calling to tell me someone died! I had to call back!

"Did you know Kristin is getting married this weekend?" she asked.

"WHAT?! No I didn't. I had heard she was engaged."

Kristin is almost 40, but lives the life of a wild, irresponsible 21 year-old. She has an incredibly entertaining personality, however, because she spends the majority of her spare time in local watering holes, we haven't been in touch for four years. Of all the people I know, she would be near the bottom of my "Will Get Married" list. And now... well now she's married!

I had no idea what to expect at the reception. I was pleasantly surprised to see many people life had led me to forget. Even though as we get older, our priorities and choices of social activities may change... I don't think our fondness of others truly does. In the end, I was glad to have gone and reconnect with people if only for the afternoon.

But, I was left wondering, "If SHE is willing to "tie the knot," how can I expect to escape it?!"

Egads!

No comments: