Monday, April 6, 2009

S'now Big Deal


I did my "Spring Cleaning" yesterday, despite not having ample sunshine to inspire my ass to keep moving. I had to settle for the 80's channel on the satellite radio. I washed and rehung all of the drapes, swept and mopped every moppable floor, vacuumed behind the couch, and swept down the abandoned spider suburbs from the ceiling corners. My house was sparkling Spring fresh!


And what do I wake up to?


Snow.


Seriously?


And here I thought that the reason I didn't haul my spring/summer wardrobe down from the spare bedroom was because I was too lazy. Turns out my inner-meteorologist told me it would be a waste of time. I thought it was odd that my furnace was running. Surely once it's the second week of April temperatures can manage to be higher than 58 degrees!


Oh... yeah. I live in the state that's apparently too broke to afford Spring. Now I'm left to wonder if my many tulips, daffodils, iris, and whatever other flowers I planted last year, are permanently damaged from the chill of snowflakes on their newly green leaves.


I'm gonna be a good sport, kind of, and look at this morning as an opportunity to officially retire my black high heel boots for the season. I have honestly missed them, but the thought of strolling downtown on a sunny afternoon during my lunch break had been tip-toe-ing through my mind. "Patience is a virtue," so they say. Well, I waited, semi-patiently, some ten months to find a job... I suppose I could wait a few more weeks for Spring. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we always want things we can’t have. Why is that? Human nature I guess.
I have the Pacific Ocean near me and you have snow. Today in this hot concrete jungle that I work in snow would have been great, unfortunately it’s you has the pleasure of snow. Sounds Great to me.
Oscar in LA

Mona Lake said...

Hello you! I'll gladly mail you some snow! I think everyone should be able to enjoy beautiful white snowflakes. If it weren't for the super expenive heating bills required to keep you warm during the winter, I wouldn't complain. I'm sitting at the dining room table with my winter coat on right now because I REFUSE to spend another dime on heat! I call it "indoor camping." Wanna timeshare? I can get a tan and you can get into a snowball fight!