Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HOT Date


I went on my first date in months that didn't involve a bowling alley tonight. Yes, that's right. I said bowling alley. I'm not opposed to bowling...it's just nice to wear more attractive shoes once in awhile.

I honored my commitment by going through what used to be the usual routine of painting my nails, making sure every wardrobe item was cute, and coordinated; subtly sexy makeup and tousled hair... most women can relate to what I'm talking about, but sometimes, like when you've been unemployed and anti-social for almost a year, such routines become mildly foreign. Although I kept my attire fairly casual, it was nice to feel and look like a woman... on a date!
We went to a great sushi restaurant in a town nearby. He was not that familiar with the cuisine, and asked me to tell him what everything was. I couldn't trick him into trying the wasabi... maybe it was my watering eyes that scared him away, although he found my "pain" very entertaining.
My date was with someone I've known, so there wasn't any unpleasant awkwardness. Conversation was easy and comfortable, and he even insisted that I get the spicy tuna roll that the broken-English speaking waitress insisted I would not be able to eat in addition to the "Bento Box" I ordered and basically did not allow me to! I thought that was sweet of him to do.
After dinner, he drove me back home, walked me to the door, and left like a gentlemen. What? That still happens? As he walked away... he asked when we could do it again. So maybe the only real HOT part of the date was just the wasabi... but I'll take that over a bad bowling alley date, any day.

2 comments:

Virgtastic said...

LOVE your nail color! Sushi?!?! So. Jealous. I NEED sushi, NOW! Counting down the months til I can have a couple rolls (haha). Hard to believe that some men can still be gentlemen, huh? It's hard for me to believe too ;)

Mona Lake said...

Thanks! It's Sinful Colors, "Shining Heart." Available at your local drug store. $1.89 here. If I win the lottery between now and when you are able to have sushi, I'll send you a personal Sushi dude to make whatever you fancy!