Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twisted

It's the first of November! What? What happened? Did someone hit the "fast forward" button on my life? Am I so old that the days do indeed fly by?

Last night's trick or treating was basically a bust. We had a couple families with kids move into the neighborhood in recent months, so I foolishly expected a greater number of ghouls and goblins. Not only did I buy too many bags of candy the first time, I even picked up another bag that afternoon. I think maybe ten kids came to the door.

What happened to trick or treating? Has it been phased out by H1N1, child predators and the recession?

We had to turn the clocks back last night and I can say that having the sun actually shine when I am getting up was simply fabulous! If I've got sunshine on my side, morning is something I enthusiastically embrace; but days on end of doom and gloom, with the sun barely peeking out of the clouds when I pull into the parking lot at work... put a damper on my levels of motivation.

So excited to see the sun, I started to plan all of the great outdoor things I was going to do today: feed the birds, rake the leaves, walk to the park to feed the ducks, and clean out my flowerbeds. I managed to get the birds fed, but, I then twisted my left ankle prett'near 360 degrees on my way up the steps. The initial pain was almost unbearable! Now, two hours later, I'm on my couch, foot propped up on a pillow and body hopped up on some ibuprofen.

Not knowing the right way to handle this twisted situation, I'm reluctantly "taking it easy." Watching "Bewitched" on T.V. was not on my "I can't wait to do" list today. Pffft!

No comments: