Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Had A Dream!

Oh did I have a dream last night!

Somehow, somewhere, I had encountered 6 handsome men with dark hair who were apparently friends. They all had slightly different features, hairstyles, clothing, and eye color... but all of them were handsome and in good to great physical shape. This half-dozen collection of cuties were not only smitten with me, they were competing against each other for my attention and affection!

Yes!

During my delicious dream, I scanned the gathering of gentleman, trying to pick which one I liked the best; which one I would ride off into the sunset with. At one point, they all sat, legs crossed, in a circle, as if they were gathered around a campfire. They battled wits and charming glances while the now circular-patterned scanning of these handsome fellows became almost dizzying. One man in particular had these icy blue eyes and a hint of badness to his persona... I was taking one last look to affirm my decision when...

Something woke me up!!!!! Bullshit!

In real life, I've been pondering a few things: travelling overseas, taking regular "Sunday Drives," and yes, dating. This time change thing (and leftover Halloween candy) has created a semi-paranoia that I'll simply eat and sleep myself to death! My ankle is still bruised and swollen, but I made an executive decision to workout anyway. If I do spring for a European adventure, I'm NOT buying two seats!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the lack of posts coming out of the Midwest I can guess that you are either very busy which may be a good thing or have very little to say which I rather doubt so I think I’ll try to fill some free space while you gather your thoughts. Pondering seems to be going around these days maybe it’s the change of seasons or just where the mind wanders off to as you rake leaves with a chill in the air. As for me I have pondered retirement. Actually I have pondered and then decided to act and make the move to move on sometime next spring. I chose spring because of its supposed time of new beginnings etc. etc. but now I have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I have thought about getting into ceramics but I hear that it’s a crowded field right now besides I have never thrown a pot in my life. Maybe a Cowboy or Superhero they were always in the running. Am I making the right move? Time will tell but once the pondering was over and the decision was made it felt right. I have the best job in the world and could not imagine having done anything else but it wears you down both mentally and physically. My career has been successful and I have risen in the ranks and reached beyond what I might have thought possible when it began. It has given me the best times of my life as well as the worst, allowed me to be associated with the best group of people you could imagine (as well as a few who I would like to deny knowing). I know that I am trying to convince myself that I am doing the right thing and I try not to put my thumb on the scale as I weigh both sides. I also put my fingers in my ears and hummmmm when someone says I’m crazy but I guess that just proves their point. Thank God for civil service pensions but when my glazes craze and I can’t sell my pots I might seek advice on how to live on a shoe string (or shoe leather) from an expert. Well thanks for the use of your blog and rental fee will be in the mail.

Mona Lake said...

Pondering is a wonderful thing. Yes, I have been busy, and honestly trying to adjust to the sudden theft of daylight around here. And as I'm soon to post... I just found out my mother has cancer again. My house is a mess... my ankle is still injured and I'm still eating candy like an eight year old on Halloween night...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you and your family have to tackle that horrible situation. I truly believe in the power of prayer or if you prefer the power of positive thinking. Add one more person to the list of people who will have you in their prayers. As for devouring all that halloween candy I hope you are brushing your pearly whites because if you have permanently damaged one of those sexy ankles and you lose your teeth your prospects just might be one of those imaginary dream boys sitting around the campfire.

Anon said...

I dreamed the other night that I was playing a HUGE piano...about the size of a cathedral pipe organ...with multiple soundboard of differing timbre. Musical inspiration was just beginning to flow through me when...I woke up.

damn...

that was almost better than sex.

Virgtastic said...

Were you watching The Bachorlette before bed? Just a thought ;)