Monday, October 12, 2009

New Man In My Life

So I have a new man in my life... and he's staying at my house now and again. This is "Homme. Inachevé," my very first attempt at human sculpture. Because my work schedule no longer allowed me to enjoy my self-taught exploration in "Advanced Independent Study" on Monday afternoons, I decided I would sign up for a Tuesday night "Sculpting the Human Form" course with a rather odd-ballish, yet talented, local sculptor. Although his teaching methods could use some polishing, I'm glad that I elected to expand my horizons. My "man" is still very much a work in progress... just as my life is.

I must have temporarily lost my mind (again) when I agreed to take on another remodel job for my now four-time hiring client. Now that I'm lucky enough to have full-time hours, finding time to get this project done has been more of a pain in the ass then taping off a room. As usual, her handyman guy has failed to finish his work... well this time he has failed to show up at all; so I have been forced to alter the project plans and will be working until the very last possible minute on Wednesday night. The tenant moves in on Thursday. So help me... if I even consider taking on another side job before the end of the year, someone please punch me in the face and toss me into inpatient psychotherapy!

Having my own laundry-list of tasks (including laundry) to complete at my own home, I feel as though I'm cheating on myself by spending what little time I do have sprucing up some place else. I've also been fortunate enough to have been offered a 12-month extension, full time hours, and a raise I worked hard to earn at my "regular" job. This isn't the time to screw up by putting all of my energy into a temporary side gig! And honestly... I'd like to spend a day doing nothing, if I so choose!

Maybe if I had a little more time to spend with this new "man" in my life, or, perhaps a real one (gasp), I might feel less fragmented, and more... fulfilled.

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

Your sculpture is magnificent!