Friday, April 23, 2010

More. Cancer.

Mom got her pathology reports back today. And... there's more cancer.

Damn't.

After all of these surgeries, and a hopeful report back from the surgeon, it looks like the thing we feared most, chemotherapy, is next on this terrible journey. Not that there ever is a good time for chemotherapy, but my brother just accepted a job out of state. Having him living with her through all of this has been a major factor in my surviving this ordeal.

The cancer is in fact in her lymph nodes, so the doctors have decided she needs "sandwich therapy" which involves chemotherapy, radiation, and then more chemotherapy. Mom's just not the healthiest person, cancer aside, and this whole chemo thing just scares the shit out of me, frankly.

I don't know what this means for any of us and of course I'm not happy with the news. I barely made it through this last surgery without losing my mind. I can't imagine months of vomiting, hair loss, pale skin and test results that seem to take forever.

Am I strong enough?

Is she strong enough?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can offer are my prayers