Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Behind... Behind!

Yowza! It's been quite some time since I've verbally harassed the world wide web. I'd apologize... but I suspect some of you out there are rather grateful for the resulting silence! I'm so behind... that I'm even behind on my behind! Maintenance of it, that is. In essence of time, and celebration of laziness, I have decided to use bullets to update you on the goings-on of Mona:

  • I chose to celebrate the 4th by cooking dinner for my mother (she had to work) and lighting off lame grocery store fireworks that offered more laughter than explosive delight.
  • In case you didn't know... yeah, I'm single again.
  • I had a birthday. The big 3-8. And, for the first time in a very long time, I actually enjoyed my birthday.
  • My job is still going well, however, if grant funding does not come through in September... it's back to the unemployment lines!
  • "Act Like A Lady. Think Like A Man" by Steve Harvey was given to me as a gift from my boss. I think they want me to find a husband more than I do!
  • The elderly man I care for has been declining in health.
  • An article I wrote for our organization was published in a local magazine.
  • My personal laptop had an unfortunate meeting with a glass of ice water, courtesy of my dementia-riddled cat.
  • The loaner laptop I have has a chronic illness of some sort (hence the lack of blogging).
  • I'm doing another remodel, and decided that it would be a good time to scrape and repaint my garage. NOT!
  • My immediate family and I are becoming closer since my brother moved back.
  • This is the first year of my life that I can remember my father wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Basically... I'm at a crossroads. There are many things before me, and I'm trying to decide where to direct my energies. It's a good thing. Just too difficult to express in one blog after a twelve hour work day while watching "America's Got Talent" on tv. In fact, I almost considered starting an entirely new blog with a slightly different focus, but my computer problems are preventing me from doing much of anything that involves the internet reliably.

So once I've caught up with my behind... I'll try to provide a more ass-tronomically profound blog. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anon said...

Congrats on your publication! I'll be looking for your column in a newstand near me soon!

Glen Hartjes said...

Glad to see you'r posting again, but mostly to see your father is seeing the light.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Bigger behind and all

Mona Lake said...

Thank you!

Thank you!

And thank you!